Gym safety guidelines for re-opening on Saturday 25 July
- Please DO NOT visit the sports centre if you are showing symptoms or have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with Coronavirus. Please follow government guidelines on isolation.
- Stay at home if you have concerns. Your membership will not be reactivated until you are ready to return to the gym.
- Maintain social distancing wherever possible.
- On entry and at regularly intervals please wash hands or use sanitiser provided. If sanitiser is empty, please inform a member of staff.
- Wearing of face masks is currently optional.
- Please wear suitable clothing and footwear when exercising (denim, workwear, bare feet, flip-flops, boots, or a bare torso are unsuitable). Any member not wearing suitable attire may be asked to leave the gym at the discretion of the management.
- We will not be hiring equipment, if you require use of indoor ball, rackets & gloves etc please arrange to bring your own.
- Clean all equipment/weight before and after use with the wipes/sanitiser spray provided. Replace weights back onto racks after you have cleaned them.
- Please be mindful of social distancing in the gyms by respecting people’s space.
- Please exercise individually, not in pairs or groups.
- Avoid shouting/loud grunting when exercising, this propels potentially infected droplets further.
- We have temporarily reduced opening hours to ensure we can keep staff and users as safe as possible.
- Monday 6am
- Tuesday 9am – 9pm
- Wednesday 6am – 9pm
- Thursday 9am – 9pm
- Friday 6am – 7pm
- Sat/Sun 9am – 2pm
- Last entry to the gym is 8pm Mon-Thurs, 6pm Fri and 1pm Sat/Sun. This allows us to increase cleaning levels and deep clean whilst gym is closed. Please see published opening hours for latest information.
- Staff will carry out regular cleaning on areas identified as “higher risk” such as toilets, door handles etc at regular intervals throughout the day.
- To ensure social distancing rules (and following Govt Guidelines) we will be limiting the number of users in the fitness suites to a maximum of 15 in Men’s gym and 12 in Ladies gym. Please Note: Some equipment has been temporarily removed of put out of action to allow for this social distancing. Please do not relocate or move equipment around. It has been placed for safety and social distancing reasons.
- We respectfully request that during this time, ladies only use the designated lady’s fitness suite when possible.
- Booking for use of the gyms is not currently required and will be run on a “first come first served” basis. This system will be closely monitored, and a booking system may be introduced if required, particularly during peak times. If we are full you may be asked to wait a few minutes.
- We are asking users to limit their visit time to 1 hour (during busy times) to help with social distancing but give access to as many members as possible.
- In order to minimise contact and waiting time, please have your membership card ready for entry on every visit.
- Non-members will be required to fill out NHS Test & Trace documentation on every visit.
- When making purchases, please use contactless payment whenever possible.
- Please respect reception staff and other customers by waiting behind the marked lines until it is your turn at reception. Please be patient if having to wait, it is to ensure everyone’s safety.
- We have introduced a one-way system for entry and exit of the gyms, please follow the signage. Please only use designated entries and exits as appropriate.
- Some doors may be kept permanently open to give extra ventilation and reduce unnecessary touching.
- Changing rooms will be open, but we encourage users to change at home and avoid using changing rooms wherever possible. Showers will be temporarily closed. Some lockers will be reserved as “out of use” to enable social distancing and numbers in the changing rooms will be restricted. Please respect these “out of use” facilities.
- Toilets will be open but restricted to one person at a time, we ask that you sanitise with the cleaning products provided. A red/green system has been adopted indicating if toilet is currently available. Please follow and respect the system. It is for your own safety.
- To maintain social distancing and staff/customer safety, Lock Lane will not be providing Fitness Assessments or Training Plans until further notice.
- Our Personal Trainers will be available to provide safe and socially distanced personal training. Booking is required and session times have been reduced to 50 minutes to allow for cleaning in between bookings.
- Classes will run with reduced numbers and MUST be booked. Some class formats may be changed to conform to social distancing and individual use of equipment. Class times reduced to 50 minutes to enable equipment used to be sanitised after every class.
We appreciate these are difficult and unusual times. Please help us to help you stay as safe as possible. We appreciate your patience and respect towards staff and other users, and we all look forward to returning to normal as soon as possible.