Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Lock Lane Sports Centre or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Lock Lane Castleford. Our company registration number is CASC no: 0127 . The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Sports Centre / Gym Membership Terms & Conditions
By joining Lock Lane Sports Centre or by paying for a daily pass the user agrees to the following terms and conditions.
- Lock Lane are pleased to welcome the member and provide them with use of the facilities for the period specified in membership agreement.
- The member agrees to pay the specified membership fee in full whether or not he or she makes use of the facilities.
- The membership is non-transferable without the express permission of the club.
- Opening hours are subject to change and we will normally provide one months notice where reasonably practicable.
- The use of the exercise equipment and other facilities such as sauna, shower are included in the membership subscription and the member may make use of said facilities as often as he/she wishes during designated times of opening and availability. The club reserves the right to change such times as required.
- The facilities provided by the club are of the highest quality and meticulous attention will be paid to their maintenance, but if any breakdown should occur this will not give the member the right of redress or action against the club.
- The club reserves the right to adjust the availability of certain facilities or close the club on a temporary basis for the general purpose of cleaning, decorating, essential repairs, maintenance of equipment, special functions and holidays.
- Lockers are provided for the protection of clothes and valuables but it is agreed that the club is not responsible for any loss or damage.
- Limited car parking is available on the club car park but it is agreed that parking is at the owners risk and the club is not responsible for any loss or damage howsoever caused.
- Fitness assessments, exercise programmes and the facilities in the exercise studios are designed with the members safety in mind but it is hereby agreed that such programmes followed and facilities used are entirely at the members own risk.
- If a member is prevented from using the facilities for a period of two consecutive months or more through illness or injury, and the member notifies the club in writing, the time not used may be credited to his/her membership on production of a Doctors certificate produced during or immediately after the period of illness.
- The member agrees to observe the membership rules designed for the mutual benefit of all members as published on this website, copies of which are available on request from reception.
- Termination – The club may terminate
- 13.1 You commit a serious or repeated breach of T & C and/or Gym Rules.
- 13.2 Any case of foul, abusive or violent conduct to any other member or member of staff.
If we terminate your membership for any reason we reserve the right to retain a reasonable proportion of the monies paid to cover administration or other reasonable fees incurred
- Members must read all Health & Safety notices displayed in the club and comply with their recommendations.
- Force Majeure. For the purposes of this agreement Force Majeure Events means events beyond the reasonable control of the club, included but not limited to strikes, or other industrial disputes, failure of a utility service or transport network, act of god, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or government order. Fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or sub-contractors.
PRIVACY STATEMENT – The club will use personal information disclosed for administration purposes. We may share your information with other companies and agents who process information on our behalf.
If you do not wish to receive information from the club and carefully selected products and services of third parties which we think may be of interest to you please notify a member of staff when joining.
Gym Usage Rules
- You must wear appropriate clothing and shoes. No jeans, work wear, flip flops are permitted.
- Weights must not be dropped and must be replaced after use. Failure to comply may result in your membership being terminated.
- Lockers are for use during your gym visit only. Any contents left in unoccupied lockers will be removed overnight and will be donated to charity if unclaimed within two weeks.
- No bags are allowed in the gym areas at any time.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the premises at any time. Possession of alcohol, or narcotic substances is not permitted. Possession may result in your membership being terminated and may be reported to the police authorities.
- Wipe benches off if you sweat after use.
- Comply with instructions given by gym management or staff. The management reserve the right to refuse entry to any person or prohibit any further use of facilities by instructing the member to leave if in the opinion of management or staff a person has violated any rules or regulations.
- All gym users must observe both written and verbal safety instructions and precautions.
- Gym users will be held responsible for any damages caused to the equipment by misuse. This could result in loss of membership.